The British Standard for emergency escape lighting systems is BS5266-1:2016. Compliance with this standard will assist users in meeting the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order.
It’s recommended that regular servicing of emergency lighting systems is essential to ensure that they are maintained in a good working order. This should involve frequent user inspections, as well as annual testing and inspections undertaken by a competent person.
What We Will Do:
- Test each luminaire in emergency mode
- Inspection of mains indicators to ensure they are energised
- Testing of luminaries for their full duration
- Checking of charging arrangements for proper functionality
- Full recording of findings documented in log book
- Production of Certificate of Inspection by a competent person
- Recommendations for any remedial work required