We check inspect, test and maintain fire alarm systems in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and British Standards BS 5839-1:2013. Employers are responsible for their own fire safety risk assessments and have to judge what fire precautions are necessary to protect their employees.
The only reliable means of ensuring that your existing fire detection system remains compliant and fully functional is to instigate a plan of regular maintenance and testing. This should be carried out by a competent person with specialist knowledge of fire detection and alarm systems, supplemented by weekly user tests.
What we’ll do:
- Ensure all log book recommendations have been completed
- Carry out a visual inspection of all elements of the fire alarm system
- Check operation of all sounders
- Test and inspect standby batteries
- Verify the output functions of the control panel
- Inspect all controls and visual indicators to ensure they are energised
- Production of Certificate of Inspection by a competent person